The Rise of the Robot Overlords: Clarifying the Industrial IoT
Medical treatment systems, the power grid, manufacturing lines and transportation systems all work the same way today as they did 20 years ago. But in the next few years, engineers will find ways to harness the incredible power of connected computing. This transformation – the Industrial IoT – is a potential risk to every industry and company that does not respond.
Written by RTI CEO Stan Schneider, the eBook examines:
- Key architectures and applications of the Industrial IoT
- Economic implications of the stunning rise of fast computing and networking on smart machines
- The theoretical basis for data-centric and device-centric system integration, scalable cloud-to-edge system design, and security
- Connectivity technology required for today’s most imminent smart machines: autonomous vehicles
And most importantly, you receive a selection guide on what the IIC defined as the most popular Industrial IoT connectivity technologies – DDS, OPC UA, MQTT, RESTful HTTP, M2M and CoAP – helping you identify the best technology for your application.
Leading Applications & Architecture for the Industrial Internet of Things
The Industrial IoT is proving to have a much larger economic impact than the consumer IoT. The Industrial IoT is already transforming how systems—including medical, power, transportation and industrial control applications—are built. Challenges include reliability, performance and scalability. How will your systems be impacted?
This highly practical eBook, written by RTI CEO, Stan Schneider, introduces readers to the fundamentals of the Industrial IoT and provides in-depth clarification on some of the most controversial issues associated with this topic:
- What are the key differences between the Consumer IoT and the Industrial IoT systems?
- What are some of the common requirements of Industrial IoT systems built for different industries?
- Are there any shared characteristics in all successful, industry-proven IoT designs?
- How can data-centric architectures help reduce the complexity of data flow interactions and the costs of building large-scale systems?
Find the answers to these and many other challenging questions today!
* Contributed by RTI as Chapter 3 in The IoT/Data Analytics Handbook published by Wiley.