The Future Airborne Capability Environment (FACE™) technical and business standards promote software reuse across disparate airborne platforms, both piloted and autonomous. Within the widely-adopted FACE architecture, the Transport Services Segment (TSS) provides the APIs and capabilities that FACE portable components use to exchange data.
RTI Connext® TSS provides an off-the-shelf TSS solution that accelerates component development and integration. Connext TSS runs on a wide variety of operating systems and CPUs, and is customizable to meet system-specific requirements. Connext TSS is available as an add-on product for RTI customers with a license to RTI Connext.
RTI Connext TSS Benefits
- Certified conformance to the FACE Technical Standard, enabling broad compatibility, interoperability, and reliable scalability.
- Expeditious path to RTCA DO-178C Design Assurance Level (DAL) A airworthiness certification, offering a fast and low-risk solution for systems requiring safety certification.
- Standards-based loose coupling between portable components to minimize integration, maintenance and upgrade costs.
- Powerful tools that accelerate integration, testing and debugging
100% Open Standards-based FACE TSS Solution Stack
- The Open Group® FACE TSS for application portability
- Object Management Group® (OMG®) Data Distribution Service (DDSTM) standard for data-centric connectivity
- OMG Real-Time Publish-Subscribe (RTPS) wire protocol for rapid interoperability
The RTI Connext TSS Advantage
RTI Connext TSS is certified conformant to the FACE TSS software standard. Connext TSS is based on RTI Connext, making it easy for component developers and systems integrators to take advantage of both the FACE technical standard and the OMG DDS standard. Connext TSS offers decentralized architecture with peer-to-peer communication for low latency and no single point of failure, meaning no brokers or servers are required.
To accelerate the integration with FACE conformant software components with legacy systems, systems without data models, and non-FACE conformant systems, RTI has commercial tools that enable the rapid translation of data from different systems into a FACE solution stack.
RTCA DO-178C DAL A Certification Evidence
RTI Connext TSS offers commercial RTCA DO-178C and EUROCAE ED-12C DAL A certification evidence audited by a third party for rapid and reliable airworthiness review. This evidence contains design documents, high- and low-level requirements, project documents, SOA audit memos, test results and more. This drives down the airworthiness cost and risk in programs requiring safety certification.
RTI FACE Partner Ecosystem
RTI has the most comprehensive FACE Partner Ecosystem in the industry. RTI has proven integrations with over twenty hardware and software providers that accelerate the development and deployment of FACE platforms. Most of these partners have commercial RTCA DO-178C and/or DO-254 certification evidence, and many have RTCA DO-330 qualified tools that simplify DO-178C objectives, reducing program cost and risk while accelerating airworthiness.
FACE Reference Architecture with RTI Connext TSS
RTI's comprehensive support plans provide your team with direct access to Professional Services experts who can increase your efficiency with Connext TSS and accelerate your integration efforts into new or existing infrastructure. RTI offers time-tested services, called Xcelerators, with options for training, architectural analysis and design support, whether your target is the FACE General Purpose or Safety profiles.