Privacy is a priority for us at RTI.
Our websites and services may contain links to other websites, applications, platforms and services maintained by third parties. The information practices of these third parties are governed by their privacy policies, which you should review to better understand their privacy practices.
Personal Information RTI CollectsInformation we collect directly from you: RTI may collect personal information from you in the following situations:
- Online: Every time you visit www.rti.com, we collect information such as your IP address, the Web page from which you came, and a record of your activity on our site. We collect this information to learn more about traffic patterns on www.rti.com so we can improve our Website. For some areas of our site, we may ask you to provide additional information that helps us enhance your site visit, assist you with technical support issues, or permit post-visit follow-up. Such information may include name, contact information, account information, geographic location, professional information, and industry sector.
- Information you provide to our marketing team: If you provide RTI personal information when you attend one of RTI’s webinars, download RTI’s evaluation software, complete a user survey, provide information at an event, or otherwise interact with us in a marketing capacity RTI adds that information to our customer database and may share such information with partner companies after obtaining your consent to do so. Such information may include name, contact information, geographic location, professional information, and industry sector.
- Commercial information: If you use our products or services, or you are one of our service providers or contractors, we may collect information such as your contact information, account information, and financial information concerning billing, payments and transactions.
- Visitors to our offices, meetings and events: If you visit our premises for a meeting or event, or attend one of our offsite meetings or events, we may collect information such as your contact information, arrival and departure information, and non-disclosure information.
- Information on RTI’s support portal or engineering services sites: If you provide information on RTI’s support or engineering sites (such as RTI Community, RTI Academy, the RTI Github, or RTI Gitlab), RTI uses the provided information to provide certain engineering services and to improve your user experience.
- Software telemetry data: When you use certain RTI software, including trial versions, RTI may collect telemetry data and other data about your usage, including your IP Address and other unique identifiers, the version of our software you are running, how it is configured, which tools and services you are using, and how you are using them. This information may include unique identifiers and other information about the specific device you are using, such as the hardware model, operating system version, device identifier, device event information (such as system activity and hardware settings, the date and time of event collection), geographic location, and other technical data that uniquely identifies your device or system. We may combine this information with information you provide when you download our products or provide to customer support, including the name of your organization or company.
Information we may collect from other sources: RTI may also collect personal information about you from other sources including partners from whom we collect or purchase personal information or who provide us with publicly available information which may contain personal information. We may combine this information with personal information provided by you.
- Marketing: We may collect personal information from other sources for the purposes of marketing and tailored advertising, including information such as identifiers, professional or employment-related information, education information, commercial information, visual information, internet activity information, and inferences about preferences and behaviors. We may collect this information from third parties that provide business contact information such mailing addresses, job titles, email addresses, phone numbers, user behavior data, IP addresses, social media profiles, LinkedIn URLs, and other profiles for purposes of targeted advertising, delivering relevant email content, event promotion, and verifying contact information. We may also collect this information from webinar platforms, social media, trade show or conference sponsors, publications, and business partners.
- Source code platforms: We may collect personal information from platforms such as GitHub when you access RTI’s code repository. to manage code check-ins and pull requests, inform you of software changes, or provide information about security issues.
How RTI Uses Personal Information
We collect and process personal information for the following purposes and on the following legal bases:
|Our Website||We process personal information to operate, administer, secure, and improve our Website||Legitimate interests in providing online content to our customers and prospective customers regarding RTI, our products and services, and related information; improving and enhancing the operation and content of our Website; ensuring the safety and security of our Website|
|Marketing communications||We process personal information in order to create and send marketing communications and tailored advertisements about RTI, our products and services, and our business partners||Legitimate interests in conducting direct marketing or where you have provided your prior consent|
|Products and services||We process personal information to provide our products and services||
Necessary for the performance of a contract
Legitimate interests in managing the provision of our products and services
|Product maintenance and support||We process personal information to provide engineering services, update and optimize our products and services, and improve user experiences||
Necessary for the performance of a contract
Legitimate interests in managing the provision of our products and services, and the user communities for them
Necessary for the performance of a contract
Legitimate interests in managing the provision of our products and services, and information about them
Legitimate interests in conducting research and development relating to products and services
|Billing, payment, and account management||We process personal information to bill and collect payment for our products and services, manage our customer accounts, and determine compensation||
Necessary for the performance of a contract
Legitimate interests in managing our customer accounts
Legitimate interests in determining compensation of certain employees
|Office visits and events||We process personal information to ensure the security of our premises and business, to plan and host meetings and events, and to ensure the health and safety of our visitors and staff||
Necessary for the performance of a contract
Legitimate interests in ensuring the security of our premises and confidential information
Legitimate interests in ensuring the health and safety of our visitors and staff
|Security||We process personal information to ensure the security of our products, services, and Website, and to detect and investigate suspicious activity, fraud and cybercrime||Legitimate interests in promoting the safety and security of our products, services and Website, and to protect our rights and the rights of others|
How RTI Shares Personal Information
We may disclose personal information that we collect or you provide as described below:
- To our subsidiaries and affiliates
- To contractors and service providers we use to support our business and who are bound by contractual obligations to keep personal information confidential and use it only for the purposes for which we disclose it to them or as allowed by law.
- To an investor, buyer or other successor in the event of a financing, merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution, or other sale or transfer of some or all of RTI’s assets.
- To third parties after you provide consent to share such information, such as when you choose to make your personal information available to RTI partners or through the RTI Community portal. Third-party sites have separate and independent privacy policies and RTI is not responsible for the privacy practices of these third parties.
- To fulfill the purpose for which you provide it. For example, if you give us an email address to obtain information about our products and services, or one of our partners, during a webinar, conference, or other marketing event, we may use that information to communicate with you.
- For any other purpose disclosed by us when you provide the information.
We may also disclose your personal information:
- To comply with any court order, law, or legal process, including to respond to any government or regulatory request.
- In aggregated, anonymized, and/or de-identified form that cannot reasonably be used to identify you.
How You Can Control Your Personal Information
Depending on your location, you may have certain rights with respect to your personal information, which may include some or all of the following:
- The right to know what personal information we have collected about you and to request a copy of that personal information.
- The right to know more about how we process your personal information.
- The right to have us to correct or update incomplete or inaccurate information.
- The right to delete or restrict how we use your personal information in accordance with applicable law. This right may impact your access to RTI’s services.
- The right to restrict or object to RTI’s processing of your personal information.
- The right to transfer your personal information to another data controller.
- The right to opt-out of certain disclosures of your personal information.
- If you are under the age of 16, or such other applicable age under the law in specific jurisdictions, the right to opt-in to certain disclosures of your personal information.
- The right to not be discriminated against for exercising your data subject rights.
- The right to not be subject to a decision based solely on automated processing, including profiling, which produces legal effects.
- The right to withdraw your consent at any time (to the extent we base processing on consent), without affecting the lawfulness of the processing based on such consent before its withdrawal.
To pursue any of the rights above, please contact our Data Protection Officer using this form or the contact information provided below.
We try to respond to all legitimate and verified requests within one month, unless otherwise required by law, and will contact you if we need additional information from you in order to respond to your request or verify your identity. Occasionally it may take us longer than a month, depending on the complexity and number of requests we receive.
Marketing Communication Preferences
You can manage your receipt of marketing and non-transactional communications from RTI by clicking on the “unsubscribe” link located on the bottom of our marketing emails, by replying or texting ‘STOP’ if you receive marketing SMS communications, or by contacting us as described below. Please note that opting out of marketing communications does not opt you out of receiving important business communications related to your current relationship with us, such as communications about your subscriptions or event registrations, service announcements, or security bulletins.
Forums and Chat Rooms in RTI Community
If you participate in a discussion forum, special interest group, or chat room in RTI Community, personal information you may provide there will be available to others and could be used to contact you, send you unsolicited messages, or for purposes RTI cannot control. We are not responsible for any personal information you choose to submit in these forums. To request removal of personal information from RTI Community, please contact our Data Protection Officer using this form or the contact information provided below. In some cases, we may not be able to remove all personal information and comments. In such cases, we will provide you with a response and explanation.
RTI's Retention of Personal Information
We will retain your personal information as needed to fulfill the purposes for which it was collected. We will retain and use your personal information as necessary to comply with our business requirements, legal obligations, resolve disputes, protect our assets, and enforce our rights and agreements.
We will not retain personal information in identifiable form when the purpose(s) for which was collected have been achieved and there is no legal or business need to retain it. Thereafter, your personal information will either be destroyed, deleted, anonymized, and/or removed from our systems.
Security of Personal Information
We take appropriate precautions including organizational, technical, and physical measures to help safeguard against accidental or unlawful destruction, loss, alteration, and unauthorized disclosure of, or access to, the personal information we collect or use.
While we follow generally accepted standards to protect personal information, no method of data storage or transmission is guaranteed to be secure. You are responsible for protecting your password, limiting access to your devices, and signing out of websites and services after your sessions. If you have any questions about the security of our Website, products, or services, please contact us by using the information below.
RTI is a US-based company and we may store your personal information on databases located outside your country or jurisdiction, including in places that are not subject to an adequacy decision by the European Commission or your local legislature or regulator, and that may not provide for the same level of data protection. You may contact us if you object to the transfer of your information outside of the European Union, but we will not be able to provide access to our products and services without such transfer.
When we share personal information with affiliates and third parties as disclosed above, they may also store your personal information in other countries. We ensure that these recipients provide appropriate protection and security, for instance by entering into data processing agreements and, if required, standard contractual clauses or alternative mechanisms for the transfer of data as approved by the European Commission or other applicable regulators or legislators. Where required by applicable law, we will only share, transfer or store your personal information outside of your jurisdiction with your prior consent.
Do Not Track
RTI does not currently respond to browsers’ “Do Not Track” signals as no uniform standard to respond to such signals has been developed at this time.
Personal Information of Children
Our Website, products, and services are not directed at children. We do not knowingly collect personal information from children under the age of 16, or such other applicable age of consent for privacy purposes in relevant jurisdictions, unless (a) we have obtained consent from a parent or guardian, (b) such collection is subject to a separate agreement with us, or (c) the visit by a child is unsolicited or incidental. If you are a parent or guardian and believe your child has provided us with personal information without your consent, please contact us by using the information below and we will take steps to delete their personal information from our systems.
Third-Party Linked Websites and Services
We may provide links to other third-party websites and services that are outside our control and governed by the privacy policies of those third-parties. We encourage you to review the privacy policies on the websites you visit and in the applications you use.
You can also contact our Data Protection Officer by reaching her by mail, email, or telephone.
232 East Java Drive
Sunnyvale, CA 94089
Tel: (408) 990-7400
Information for California Residents
California Consumers’ Rights and Choices
If you are a California resident, you can request Information regarding the:
- Categories of Personal Information we collect, disclose, share, or sell
- Purposes for which we use categories of Personal Information
- Sources of information from which we collect Personal Information
- Specific pieces of Personal Information we have collected about you
In addition, if you are a California resident you may:
- Opt-out of the sale or sharing for cross-context behavioral advertising purposes of your Personal Information
- Opt-out of receiving marketing communications from us; however, you may still receive administrative communications regarding the Services
- Opt-in to certain financial incentive programs we may offer related to the collection, sale, or deletion of your Personal Information
- Request deletion of your Personal Information by us and our service providers, in some circumstances
- Request that your Personal Information be updated or corrected
- Request that we limit the use of your Sensitive Personal Information to only those purposes that are necessary for RTI to provide products or services to you
You can make requests related to your California privacy rights (including the right to access, delete or restrict the sale of your personal information) here or by using the contact information above.
When you make a request, we may ask you to provide verifying information, such as your name, email, phone number, and/or account credentials. We will review the information provided and may request additional information via email or other means to ensure we are interacting with the correct individual or authorized agent. Please also be aware that making any such request does not ensure complete or comprehensive removal or deletion of Personal Information or content you may have posted, and there may be circumstances in which the law does not require or allow us to fulfill your request.
Information for Virginia Residents
The Virginia Consumer Data Protection Act (“VCDPA”) provides Virginia residents with rights to access, delete, and correct certain “Personal Data” we collect about them, as well as to restrict the use of that Personal Data for targeted advertising, restrict the “sale” of that Personal Data, and control our use of Personal Data considered sensitive. If you are a Virginia resident, you also have a right not to receive discriminatory treatment for the exercise of your privacy rights.
You or your authorized agent may submit a request to exercise your rights to access, delete, and correct your Personal Data here or by using the contact information above.