Privacy is a priority for us at RTI.
Real-Time Innovations, Inc. (“we” or “RTI”) use the following guidelines to protect the information we collect during your visit to our Website, www.rti.com, over the telephone, at trade shows, during product use, or through any other interaction. Because these guidelines affect information about you, please read them carefully and contact us if you have any questions or concerns.
How does RTI collect information?
- Online: Every time you visit www.rti.com, we collect information such as your IP address -- the Internet address of your computer, the Web page from which you came, and a record of your activity on our site. This information is gathered to learn more about traffic patterns on www.rti.com so we can improve our Website. For some areas of our site, we ask you to provide additional information that helps us enhance your site visit, assist you with technical support issues, or permit post-visit follow-up.
- Information you provide to our marketing team: If you provide RTI personal information when you attend one of RTI’s webinars, download RTI’s evaluation software, complete a user survey or provide information at a conference, RTI adds that information to our customer database.
- Information on RTI’s support portal or engineering services sites: If you provide information on RTI’s support or engineering sites (such as RTICommunity, the RTI Github, or RTI Gitlab) RTI uses the provided information to provide certain engineering services and to improve your user experience, as further described below.
- Information during use of the software. If you use RTI software, RTI may collect usage statistics to improve RTI products and user experience, as further described below.
How does RTI use information collected about me?
We use the information we receive from you to tailor your www.rti.com experience and provide you with the specific information or services you are seeking. The information you provide remains confidential.
If you download a webinar, an evaluation version of RTI Software, complete a user survey, or provide your information at a conference, we add any information you provide to our customer database. We will also add you to our customer database if you are a current RTI customer and you receive products or services from RTI. As a member of our customer database, you may receive periodic mailings, e-mails, or telephone calls from us about new products and services, discounts, special promotions, or upcoming events. Information added to our customer database is aggregated with other information previously collected.
If you use RTI software, including, but not limited to, RTI’s evaluation software, we may collect usage statistics. These usage statistics include the version number of the software, information about which tools and/or services you are using, how often you are using the software, and methods of use. This data will be used to improve RTI software usability, create better resources/documentation to support your product usage, and improve the overall user experience.
If you provide information while visiting RTI’s support portal or other engineering websites, RTI uses such information to provide product related information, access, and services. RTI may also use such information to allow posts on an RTI community forum or to improve your user experience.
We are a US-based company and we store your information on password-protected databases located outside of the European Union. You may contact us if you object to the transfer of your information outside of the European Union, however we will not be able to provide access to products and services without such transfer.
How can I control the information?
We respect your right to access, correct, request deletion or request restriction of our usage of your personal information as required by applicable law. You may opt out of certain targeted marketing information. Depending on your location, you may have certain additional rights with respect to your information, including the following:
- The right to know what personal information we maintain about you. We can provide you with a copy of your personal information on request.
- The right to ask us to update incomplete or inaccurate information.
- The right to object to RTI’s processing of your personal information.
- The right to delete or restrict how we use your personal information in accordance with applicable law. This right may impact your access to some of RTI’s services.
To pursue any of the rights above, please contact our Data Protection Officer by email (firstname.lastname@example.org).
Please allow four to six weeks for these changes to take effect in our internal customer databases. Note, your information may not be completely "deleted" from our database because we may maintain back-ups that could be reasonably impractical to delete from our system.
How long does RTI keep my data?
RTI will keep your data until it is no longer necessary to provide services to you or until you inform us you no longer want RTI to use your information. RTI will retain and use information to the extent necessary to comply with legal obligations and we may retain log files for internal purposes.
Does RTI maintain third-party Web site links?
Any links to third-party Web sites are provided on www.rti.com as a benefit to you, however a third party controls them.
Information for California Residents
California Consumers’ Rights and Choices
If you are a California resident, California law permits you to request Information regarding the:
- Categories of Personal Information (as defined by applicable California law) collected, sold or disclosed by us;
- Purposes for which categories of Personal Information collected by us are used;
- Sources of information from which we collect Personal Information; and
- Specific pieces of Personal Information we have collected about you.
In addition, if you are a California resident you may:
- Opt-out of the sale or disclosure of your Personal Information, in some circumstances;
- Opt-out of receiving marketing communications from us; however, you may still receive administrative communications regarding the Services;
- Opt-in to certain financial incentive programs we may offer related to the collection, sale, or deletion of your Personal Information; and
- Request deletion of your Personal Information by us and our service providers, in some circumstances.
You may also make those requests by calling 1-800-579-3806.
Please be aware that we do not accept or process requests through other means (e.g., via fax, social media, email addresses, etc.).
When you make a request, we may ask you to provide verifying information, such as your name, email, or phone number. We will review the information provided and may request additional information via email or other means to ensure we are interacting with the correct individual. Please also be aware that making any such request does not ensure complete or comprehensive removal or deletion of Personal Information or content you may have posted, and there may be circumstances in which the law does not require or allow us to fulfill your request.
Our Services are not directed to children, and we do not knowingly collect Personal Information from children under the age of 16. If you learn that a child has provided us with Personal Information, then you may contact us as indicated above.
Do Not Track
RTI does not currently take steps to respond to browsers’ “Do Not Track” signals as no uniform standard to respond to such signals has been developed at this time.
Date created: January 6, 2020
January 1, 2020
How can I contact RTI?
232 East Java Drive
Sunnyvale, CA 94089
Tel: (408) 990-7400