Use, Build and Research at No Cost
RTI is committed to supporting research and education for real-time distributed systems. If your university initiates a research or classroom project involving complex distributed networks, RTI offers complimentary access to Connext DDS Secure, the world's leading implementation of the Data Distribution Service (DDS) standard for real-time systems.
To participate, you must be affiliated with a nonprofit university, have a clearly defined non-commercial research project or classroom application, and receive minimal or no commercial funding. Apply for a university license today.
We offer professors and researchers:
- Full-year license to Connext DDS Secure – unabridged version
- Annual renewal option for longer-term projects
- Ability to get hands-on experience with DDS, building a marketable skill set for future employment
- Access to an online community to get support, share information and access additional resources
- Opportunity to publish work in the RTI community, at selected conferences and on the RTI website.
Why are We Doing This?
University research is in the DNA of RTI. We were founded by robotics researchers from Stanford University, and we remain deeply committed to supporting universities around the world in their advanced research and teaching of complex, distributed systems that operate on real-time data exchange.
It’s not just a one-way relationship. University projects help RTI to continuously improve our products through valuable feedback on ease-of-use, practical utility and new feature suggestions. We invite you to join our global community of universities who use Connext DDS in their labs and in their classrooms.
For questions about the RTI University Program, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.