RTI’s 2015 and a Peek at 2016
Written by Stan Schneider
January 25, 2016
Hello RTI Customer,
I will always fondly remember 1999 ... at the peak of the dotcom boom. Our company, then focused on tools, was one of the fastest-growing in the frothy Silicon Valley market. The dawn of The Internet age was exciting, and we were along for the ride.
2015 may not have matched the hyperactive dotcom era. But, I will also always remember it as a standout year. It was a real turning point for RTI. It was by far our best sales and strategic year since the dotcom days. In particular:
- Our expanded sales team turned in an impressive performance. We grew sales nearly 30%, easily exceeding our goals. And, two years in, it’s great to see customers flocking to our fair, simple and open subscription pricing.
- The Industrial IoT and the Industrial Internet Consortium created a hot market. We are perhaps the best positioned of all small companies to ride and lead the IIoT wave.
- Our great new products and features like security, better tools, queuing, easier installation, and safety certification help us explore this market like no competitor.
- We now have experience with about 1000 applications, including surgical robotics, autonomous cars, drones, emergency medical systems, automotive testing, imaging, communications, operating room integration, video sharing, grid control, cancer treatment, oil & gas drilling, ships, wind turbines, avionics, broadcast television, air traffic control, SCADA, robotics, defense, and on and on. And on. Wow! The IIoT truly spans all industries.
- We shared our story in dozens of webinars, conferences, and trade shows. My favorite? The Inside Story: GE Healthcare’s IIoT Architecture.
So, what about 2016? We expect another strong sales growth year. With our great new “Service Delivery Partners” like Tech Mahindra, we will offer a more complete solution. We will drive product quality and coverage to ensure we can meet our customers’ demanding use cases. We will hire many new teammates in sales, business development, services, engineering, and marketing (watch https://www.rti.com/company/careers.html). These new resources will help us serve you, our customers, with better products and care.
Back during the dotcom boom, nobody could really foresee the transformative impact of The Internet. The shocking truth: the IIoT smart machine era will be an even bigger transformation. We are at the beginning of a new world of intelligent distributed systems. The IIoT will change every industry, every life, every application, and every job.
RTI is a real leader of this transformation. Our fundamental purpose is “To enable and realize the potential of smart machines to serve mankind.” We are now designed into well over $1 trillion worth of “things.” We are saving lives, improving efficiency, and ensuring reliability across an amazing slice of the new world.
To deliver on our purpose, we understand that, in the end, we must earn your trust. We accept that as a fundamental responsibility. I am continually grateful for your faith in us as your partner on the IIoT adventure.
Stan Schneider, CEO RTI