Bi-directional integration between RTI Connext® DDS and RDBMSThe Industrial Internet of Things (IIoT) demands an innovative data integration approach. Legacy architectures and connectivity technologies simply cannot cope with the diversity of modern applications, volume of data and pace of change it requires. With RTI Database Integration Service, you can overcome these challenges. The next-generation connectivity approach helps you store IIoT data in your existing relational database management system (RDBMS) and get database updates to any application in real time.
- Bi-directional integration
- Real-time data capture in a RDBMS
- Remote real-time notifications of table changes
- Caching of high-rate data streams before storage
- Heterogeneous database replication
- Supported RDBMS
- Oracle Database
- Oracle TimesTen
- MySQL Enterprise Edition
- Microsoft SQL Server
- Capturing real-time data in a relational database and using it for data processing and analysis in the runtime
- Effective, reliable, and scalable distribution of configuration information for centrally managed systems
- Delivery of real-time notification of database updates to IoT devices and applications without performance penalty
- Adding advanced real-time database replication scenarios for business continuity and high-availability, with robust and flexible QoS fine tuning options
A Single Platform for Connectivity and Data Integration
Capturing Real-Time Data in a RDBMS
The RTI Database Integration Service captures real-time data streams published via Connext DDS and stores the data to the corresponding RDBMS table. It automatically maps the data structure of the real-time data to the corresponding table.
Remote Real-Time Notification of Table Changes
The RTI Database Integration Service notifies remote devices and applications of time- critical changes in the RDBMS by automatically sending notification with new table values inside the payloads
Real-Time Database Replication
RTI Database Integration Service performs table replication between distributed databases with minimal latency—even with high update rates. Changes in one table can be replicated across any number of tables, regardless of the schema or RDBMS type. For example, changes in an Oracle Database table can be replicated to Microsoft SQL Server and MySQL tables.
Scalability and High Availability
The RTI Database Integration Service uses a multithreaded architecture to leverage modern multicore processor capabilities. Multiple instances of the Database Integration Service can run in parallel on different hosts. Depending on configuration, multiple instances can share the load, or each instance can handle discrete set of messages and data.
RTI Database Integration Service is an optional add-on component to RTI Connext DDS Professional.To request an evaluation version of RTI Database Integration Service or to inquire about support of a particular RDBMS or version, please email firstname.lastname@example.org, contact your local RTI representative or call +1 (408) 990-7400.