RTI Recording Service is an off-the-shelf solution to capture Data Distribution ServiceTM (DDS) data into permanent storage.
It provides the following capabilities:
- Record: For subscribing DDS data and pushing data into storage
- Replay: For pulling data from storage and publishing into DDS
- Convert: For conversion of stored data from one format to another (e.g., sqlite to CSV)
RTI Recording Service is used to record updates to the system over a period of time, and to access that data by time stamps. The captured data can be used for a number of tasks:
- Data can be analyzed for patterns or other items of interest
- Data can be replayed into a DDS system using the Replay Service to test the system.
- The Replay Service can expand or compress the rate at which data is published back into the system to allow for additional system robustness testing
- The Replay Service can also filter data before publishing it to allow for additional testing
- The Recording Service also has a converter that allows data to be collected in the more efficient wire protocol used by DDS into a JSON format for querying
Recording Service can integrate into a DDS databus as any other application, enabling:
- Discoverable and fully configurable Quality of Service
- DDS-based Remote monitoring/administration (including Admin Console support)
- XML-based configuration
- The capability to be deployed as a process, or be embedded into an application