Building Robotics and Haptic Systems with RTI Connext DDS
RTI Connext® DDS is an ideal foundation technology and a connectivity mechanism for highly resilient and responsive robotic and haptic systems. These systems often need to operate in harsh and unpredictable conditions.
Any complex robot is a diverse set of autonomous, semi-autonomous and human controlled modules, all working closely together as a single cohesive system of interoperating parts. The human operators often need to control the robots across very large distances, over unreliable network transports. For these reasons, the future of robotics is distributed, requiring technology like RTI Connext DDS to support communications over long distances.
RTI Connext DDS Offers Proven Readiness for High-Performance and High-Precision Robotics
The features of RTI Connext DDS make it a good foundation for development of robotics and haptic systems :
- Innovative data-centric connectivity model that integrates the wide range of demanding robotic system requirements
- Low latency with real-time Quality of Service (QoS)
- Proven integration of a fast local control loop with secure connectivity over long distances and with cloud infrastructure
- Ability to enable reliable systems operation over low-bandwidth communication links with long transmission delays
- Extremely scalable: suitable for increasingly large-scale and complex systems
- Highly resilient: systems are self-forming and self-healing with no single point of failure
- Security with full support for confidentiality, integrity, and access control