Securing Critical Defense Systems: Are You Ready?
The Data Distribution Service (DDS) standard is the information technology standard mandated by the Department of Defense (DoD) for distributed systems and used extensively across Navy programs. DDS is a proven connectivity technology recognized for its reliability, robustness and adaptable Quality of Service (QoS).
The U.S. Navy requirements for cybersecurity are becoming more robust for all programs of record. As a result, the role of the DDS standard is critical in the protection of existing and future systems from cyber attacks. The Object Management Group (OMG) has established the DDS Security standard, defining security extensions that can be applied to existing programs. RTI is providing this seminar to educate the DDS developer community in Dahlgren on how these extensions will satisfy the Navy’s cybersecurity strategy moving forward.
Why you don't want to miss this complimentary seminar
- Gain a high-level understanding of the Navy's Information Assurance (IA) requirements for distributed, real-time systems.
- Learn about the OMG DDS Security specification and how it meets these requirements.
- Familiarize yourself with RTI Connext DDS Secure, the first commercial, DoD-tested implementation of this OMG standard.
- Learn about connectivity and security standards designed for mission-critical, real-time systems.
- Discover how to leverage the DDS standard to develop scalable and interoperable distributed systems that are easily maintained, and extended over long product life cycles.
This seminar will cover
- Applicability of the DDS standard to securing distributed, real-time systems
- Recent developments in security standards for real-time systems connectivity
- Step-by-step guidance on implementing a secure, peer-to-peer connectivity model
Who should attend
Attend this seminar if you are a DDS developer, architect or involved with Information Assurance requirements on current or future Navy Programs.
Date, Time and Agenda
March 6, 2019 | 8:00 AM - 1:00 PM
- 8:00 – 8:30 Registration (continental breakfast served)
- 8:30 – 10:00 Connext DDS Secure Overview - Handshake process for authentication, authorization and encryption, the role of the certificate authority, Connext DDS Secure implementation
- 10:00 – 10:30: DDS Reliability – Quality of Service (QoS) and network design
- 10:30 – 10:45: Break
- 10:45 – 11:15: Connext DDS Secure Plugins Demo
- 11:15 – 11:45: Merging Security and Reliability – computational considerations and redundancy
- 11:45 – 12:00: Q&A and Close
- 12:00 – 1:00: Complimentary Lunch
Mark Swick, RTI Principal Architect
University Mary Washington Dahlgren Campus
4224 University Drive, King George, VA 22485