Using ROS 2 with Connext
ROS 2 is based on the Data Distribution service (DDS) standard, already in use in thousands of critical applications worldwide. Although ROS 2 is designed to use DDS as its connectivity framework, the integration process has a few quirks that must be accommodated in order for a pure DDS system to seamlessly interoperate with a ROS 2 system.
This training will show you how to maximize the power of RTI Connext in your ROS 2 systems:
- Understand how topic and types are managed in the
- Using RTI’s tools and services ecosystem with ROS 2 applications
- Creating a hybrid system to use the full capabilities of Connext beyond what ROS or ROS 2 alone can offer
The following criteria must be met before you can schedule this service:
- You must have previous Connext experience and/or training. You must be familiar with the fundamental DDS concepts such as DDS entities, publish/subscribe APIs, Quality of Service configuration, discovery, transports, and configuration files.
- You must be familiar with ROS 2 and its rmw layer
We'll discuss your objectives to determine the effort required for this service.
Remote or Onsite
This activity can be delivered remote or onsite if bundled with other activities.
***Please note that RTI has restrictions for onsite services. If you are interested in onsite services, contact your Customer Success Manager to determine if your onsite request can be satisfied.***