***Notice regarding novel coronavirus (COVID-19): In an effort to protect both the health of our valued customers and employees, RTI has ceased all on-site services until the resolution of the pandemic. Please contact email@example.com so we can work with you to tailor a remote engagement.***
In-depth architecture planning and risk analysis
An RTI Architecture Study helps you maximize the value of choosing RTI Connext DDS, the largest, most reliable software framework provider for smart machines and real-world systems. RTI’s expert Professional Services team works closely with your team to understand your specific project requirements, use cases and schedule, in turn creating an architectural strategy that meets your short-term and long-term needs.
With an Architecture Study, you can:
- Mitigate project development risk
- Incorporate industry best practices for distributed systems
- Apply proven solutions to key system design areas
An Architecture Study is a detailed analysis of your distributed system architecture and risk areas, conducted over a period of 1-2 months. It is led by a dedicated senior RTI Applications Engineer with access to the collective knowledge of the entire Professional Services team and hundreds of prior customer engagements.
The study begins with an assessment of the essential use cases and requirements for your distributed system. Your system data distribution architecture and requirements are reviewed to determine how industry-typical architecture and design patterns can be applied, with a focus on:
- Scalability (Number of nodes and communicating applications)
- Fault Tolerance
- Data Model & Design
- Resource Utilization
- Performance (Throughput, Latency, Discovery)
- Network infrastructure
- Software Design
Your system’s overall architecture must address these focus areas. Failure to do so can introduce catastrophic risk to your schedule and re-engineering costs. Unfortunately, the risk is often overlooked because architectural defects are not observed until late in the development cycle.
An Architecture Study mitigates your project risk by helping you make the right decisions up front, along with valuable analysis to help you optimize and tune your application. The final output of the Architecture Study is a Findings and Recommendations presentation that covers:
- Situation / use case summary from the viewpoint of the RTI infrastructure
- Distributed system design considerations and recommendations
- Architectural guidance
- Data-model design recommendations
- Applicable best practices (QoS and communication design patterns)
- Risk area assessments and mitigation strategies
- Recommended path forward to design creation and eventual implementation
The RTI Professional Services team can provide specialized Architecture Studies with a specific focus, such as a Secure Architecture Study.