Connext DDS Micro
The First Connectivity Software Designed for Architecting Resource-Constrained IIoT Systems
RTI Connext DDS Micro provides a small-footprint modular connectivity framework for resource-constrained IIoT systems consisting of devices that have minimal memory, Flash, CPU power or no operating system. Connext DDS Micro simultaneously satisfies demanding real-time performance requirements along with stringent resource constraints. By abstracting out low-level networking and communication details and providing a flexible integration framework, Connext DDS Micro minimizes the amount of device- or application-specific code that has to be created and reduces development costs.
Two-Minute Topic: RTI Connext DDS Micro
Features and Benefits
- Small memory footprint
- User-configurable feature set through build options
- Support for low-power CPUs
- Scalability from embedded 16-bit microcontrollers to multicore 64-bit CPUs
- Bundled source code
- Proven to run on Linux (x86), Windows, FreeRTOS (ARM), VxWorks (PowerPC) and devices without OS (ARM)
- Portability to other embedded or real-time operating systems
- Completely decentralized and easy-to-embed architecture with no message brokers or daemon processes
- Standards compliance: based on DDS programming interface and RTPS wire interoperability protocol
To request an evaluation version of Connext DDS Micro please register for Connext DDS Professional. A sales representative will contact you.