RTI CEO Elected Vice Chair of the Industrial Internet Consortium Steering Committee
RTI CEO joins executives from Bosch Software Innovations, Huawei Technologies and Dell EMC as newly appointed IIC leadership team to accelerate innovation in the IIoT
SUNNYVALE, Calif.— March 13, 2018 — Real-Time Innovations (RTI), the Industrial Internet of Things (IIoT) connectivity platform company, today announced that its CEO, Dr. Stan Schneider, has been elected Vice Chair of the Industrial Internet Consortium (IIC) Steering Committee. Before this election, Schneider served as chair of the Testbed Subcommittee, with responsibility for the IIC’s innovative and broad testbed program.
The Industrial Internet Consortium (IIC) is the world’s leading organization transforming business and society by accelerating the Industrial Internet of Things (IIoT). Because RTI has extensive experience in IIoT applications, RTI is instrumental in the IIC across its technical, marketing and business operations.
Schneider joins the newly appointed IIC Steering Committee leadership team:
- Chair: Dirk Slama, Vice President of Business Development, Bosch Software Innovations
- Vice Chair: Stan Schneider, CEO of Real-Time Innovations (RTI)
- Secretary: Wael William Diab, Senior Director, Huawei Technologies
- Testbed Subcommittee Chair: Dr. Said Tabet, Tech Lead, IoT and AI Strategy, Dell EMC
"The leadership team represents the global breadth and technical depth of the IIC. It combines members from all three major global regions and comprises key experts from industry, telecom, software and IT," said Stan Schneider, CEO. "I am honored to join this outstanding leadership team as Vice Chair. The IIC is by far the most influential organization in the IIoT. To fight confusion and accelerate change, the market needs large companies, small companies, researchers and governments to speak with a common voice. Together, we can be that voice."
RTI uses its deep IIoT experience in many leadership roles. RTI co-chairs the Connectivity, Ecosystem, Automotive and Data Management task groups and leads testbeds in Connected Healthcare, Microgrids, Traffic Management and Security Evaluation. RTI personnel co-authored many of the IIC's important technical guidance including the Industrial Internet Reference Architecture (IIRA), the Industrial Internet Connectivity Framework (IICF) and the Industrial Internet Security Framework (IISF) documents. RTI has also co-authored many IIC Journal of Innovation articles.
Most recently, RTI has worked to foster innovation through the IIC with the following programs and initiatives:
- Automotive Task Group: RTI and National Instruments (NI) cofounded the Automotive Task Group. It provides IIoT guidance to the automotive market and direction to the IIC's activities in the automotive space. RTI brings extensive experience and expertise from its work with many auto manufacturers and tier-1s designing autonomous vehicle systems.
- Communication & Control Testbed for Microgrid Applications: RTI, NI, Cisco and Wipro lead this testbed. It targets reliable integration of solar, wind and battery resources from fast field control to cloud-based monitoring and analytics. The team demonstrated the newly integrated platform in February 2018 at Distributech, the leading power utility show in North America.
- Connected Care Testbed: RTI and the MD PnP Lab co-lead this testbed along with Infosys. The testbed focuses on clinical decision assistance and patient monitoring, solutions that provide key support for patient safety, better patient outcomes and reduced healthcare costs.
- Recent Technical Papers:
- The Industrial Internet Connectivity Framework (IICF): RTI helped to author a recent update to the IICF. The IICF defines a reference architecture for opening up data otherwise locked in a plethora of domain-specific connectivity technologies used in IIoT systems. RTI leaders Stan Schneider, CEO and Rajive Joshi, Principal Solution Architect also authored A Practical Guide to Using the Industrial Internet Connectivity Framework for the IIC Journal of Innovation, which provides guidance on how IIoT companies can navigate the confusing array of connectivity standards to implement system designs.
Real-Time Innovations (RTI) is the Industrial Internet of Things (IIoT) connectivity company. The RTI Connext® databus is a software framework that shares information in real time, making applications work together as one, integrated system. It connects across field, fog and cloud. Its reliability, security, performance and scalability are proven in the most demanding industrial systems. Deployed systems include medical devices and imaging; wind, hydro and solar power; autonomous planes, trains and cars; traffic control; Oil and Gas; robotics, ships and defense.
RTI lives at the intersection of functional artificial intelligence and pervasive networkingSM.
RTI is the largest vendor of products based on the Object Management Group (OMG) Data Distribution Service™ (DDS) standard. RTI is privately held and headquartered in Sunnyvale, Calif.
RTI is hiring aggressively; see www.rti.com/careers.
RTI, Real-Time Innovations, RTI Data Distribution Service, Connext and 1RTI are registered trademarks or trademarks of Real-Time Innovations, Inc. All other trademarks are property of their respective companies.
Posted on March 13, 2018
Get RTI News by Email
Real-Time Innovations (RTI) is the Industrial Internet of Things (IIoT) connectivity company.
The RTI Connext® databus is a software framework that shares information in real time, making applications work together as one, integrated system. RTI is the largest vendor of products based on the Object Management Group (OMG) Data Distribution Service™ (DDS) standard.
For all media inquiries, please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
Public Relations Senior Manager, RTI
Karbo Communications for RTI (U.S.)
Agentur Lorenzoni GmbH for RTI (EMEA)
T:+49 8122 55917-0
232 E Java Drive
Sunnyvale, CA 94089
+1 (408) 990-7400