Quick RTI Product Export Control Summary
- NO RTI Products have ITAR export controls restrictions
- RTI products that do not contain encryption technologies are classified EAR99 / NLR – No License Required
- RTI products that contain encryption technologies without an SDK are classified 5D002.C / ENC Unrestricted and do not require an export license.
- One RTI product, RTI Security Plugins SDK, is classified 5D002.C / ENC Restricted and requires an export license.
If you require more information about the export of RTI products, please email: email@example.com
More U.S. Department of Commerce Bureau of Industry and Security information can be found here.
More U.S. Department of State Directorate of Defense Trade Controls information can be found here.
More information on understanding the ITAR and Export Controls can be found here.
All RTI products shipped outside the United States are subject to export controls by the U.S. Department of Commerce.
International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) is a United States regulatory regime to restrict and control the export of defense and military related technologies to safeguard U.S. national security and further U.S. foreign policy objectives. All RTI products can be used in both civilian and military applications and therefore are considered “dual-use” products.
Dual-use products, and all RTI products are NOT SUBJECT TO ITAR CONTROLS AND RESTRICTIONS.
Export Control Classification Numbers (ECCNs) are five-character alpha-numeric designations used on the U.S. Department of Commerce Control List (CCL) to identify dual-use items for export control purposes. An ECCN categorizes items based on the nature of the product and its respective technical parameters. There are three ECCN classifications that apply to RTI software products:
- EAR99 / NLR – No License Required is a U.S. Department of Commerce EAR99 classification for products that do not require a license for export.
- 5D002.C / ENC Unrestricted are products containing encryption technologies that may be exported to both non-government and government end-users without a license.
- 5D002.C / ENC Restricted are products containing encryption technologies that may be exported to both non-government and government end-users and require an export license.
A table defining RTI products and their export requirements is below:
|RTI Product||ECCN / License||ITAR?|
|RTI Connext DDS / RTI Data Distribution Service||EAR99 / NLR – No License Required||No|
|RTI Connext DDS Professional (excluding Secure WAN Transport and TLS Support)||EAR99 / NLR – No License Required||No|
|RTI Connext DDS Micro||EAR99 / NLR – No License Required||No|
|RTI Connext DDS Cert||EAR99 / NLR – No License Required||No|
|RTI FACE Transport Service Segment (TSS)||EAR99 / NLR – No License Required||No|
|RTI Secure WAN Transport||5D002.C / ENC Unrestricted||No|
|RTI TLS Support||5D002.C / ENC Unrestricted||No|
|RTI Connext DDS Secure||5D002.C / ENC Unrestricted||No|
|RTI Connext DDS Plugins||5D002.C / ENC Unrestricted||No|
|RTI Security Plugins SDK||5D002.C / ENC Restricted||No|
|RTI Web Integration Service||5D002.C / ENC Unrestricted||No|