From diagnostics to the operating room to rehabilitation, medical robotics help surgeons perform delicate, complex procedures with accuracy, flexibility and reliability. When medical robotics are used patients recover faster with less pain and fewer complications.
Behind this precision lies a complex system comprised of multiple components that must work together seamlessly. The system is required to analyze and act on terabytes of accurate, real-time data with zero fault tolerance.
Connext DDS is the ideal connectivity framework for the development of next-generation medical robotics system, delivering secure, closed-loop control with deterministic, real-time communication. It provides data between all robotic sub-systems, allowing them to work as a single integrated solution – reliably, securely and in real time.
Connectivity for Next-Generation Medical Robotics
RTI Connext DDS is the connectivity framework for advanced medical robotics systems. It delivers:
- Innovative data-centric connectivity that delivers full visibility into data in-motion
- A single solution to address the wide range of demanding data-connectivity requirements
- Plug-and-play interoperability between systems and system components
- Scalability for increasingly large and complex systems
- Self-forming and self-healing resilient systems with no single point of failure
- Low latency with real-time Quality of Service (QoS)
- Proven integration of a fast local control loop with secure connectivity over long distances and with cloud infrastructure
- Reliable systems operation over low-bandwidth, communication links with long transmission delays
- Fully interoperable implementation of DDS Security standard for confidentiality, integrity and access control
- Applying DDS to Medical Robots for Minimally Invasive Microsurgery
- A Data-Centric System Architecture: What Robotic Surgery and Space Rovers Have in Common
- Industrial Internet Connectivity Framework (IICF) Guidance Document
- How to Connect and Secure Medical Robotics to Improve Patient Outcomes
- Space Rovers and Surgical Robots: System Architecture Lessons from Mars
- How the IIC's Connectivity Framework Guides IIoT Connectivity Selection
- Looking under the Hood at Data Breaches and Hardening Techniques