Are you building the next generation of mission-critical open architecture systems?
Open Architectures (OA) improve system affordability by reducing integration, maintenance and upgrade costs, while promoting reuse and competition. With its interoperability, portability, loose coupling and real-time Quality of Service (QoS), the Data Distribution Service (DDS) standard is the preeminent foundation for mission-critical OA systems. Connext DDS allows defense contractors to maintain an open and competitive acquisition capability and ensure that systems integrators focus their innovation efforts on program objectives.
This complimentary seminar will focus on the genesis of the DDS Standard and the technical details of the capabilities it provides to developers who are building distributed systems. Attendees will view demonstrations of the technology to explain the behaviors and benefits of DDS for real-time mission-critical OA systems. The second half of the seminar will be a hands-on session walking users through the creation of their first DDS application. This will include developing an application from scratch and showing publish/subscribe of topics dynamically on a Local Area Network.
Who should attend
The intended audience for this seminar is primarily software developers looking to get started using DDS for their mission-critical system design project.
Date, time and agenda
September 24, 2019 | 9:30 - 15:00
- 9:30 - 10:00 Registration and continental breakfast
- 10:00 - 10:45 Overview of Integrating Secure Defense Systems with Connext DDS
- 10:45 - 11:15 Introduction to DDS with a publish/subscribe demonstration
- 11:15 - 11:30 Break
- 11:30 - 12:15 Connext DDS implementation details with a Connext Tools demonstration
- 12:15 - 13:15 Complimentary Lunch
- 13:15 - 14:00 Building your first DDS application
- 14:00 - 15:00 Using Tools and ecosystem solutions with your application
Hilton Garden Inn Dayton/Beavercreek
3520 Pentagon Park Blvd
Dayton, Ohio 45431