Working with large data
Today’s systems use the Connext databus for an ever expanding variety of data to distribute. In particular, sending large data - such as images or LIDAR frames - can stress applications, operating systems, network links, and the databus. For these reasons, RTI Connext DDS includes a number of features to manage the sending and receiving of large data. Achieving optimal performance while not overwhelming hardware resources is possible, but requires the appropriate Quality of Service configuration.
The experienced Professional Services team can teach you how to manage your QoS and enable your system to share large data efficiently.
An RTI expert will guide your team through the relevant features when working with large data. This includes:
- What is “large data”?
- A detailed discussion on what happens when sending and receiving large data, including the objects involved
- An overview of the built-in QoS profiles designed to handle large data
- How to customize the QoS configuration to control network bandwidth
- How to manage memory allocated for your DataWriters and DataReaders when working with large data
The following criteria must be met before you can schedule this service:
- You must have previous Connext DDS experience and/or training. You must be familiar with the fundamental DDS concepts such as DDS entities, publish/subscribe APIs, Quality of Service configuration, discovery, transports, and configuration files.
This service typically is delivered in 3 hours.
Remote or Onsite
This activity can be delivered remote.