Using the bundled and extended RTI Connext DDS pluggable transports
RTI Connext DDS offers a set of transports built-in to the libraries: UDPv4, UDPv6 and Shared Memory. In addition, RTI offers extension transports: Secure WAN and TCP. These transports are built against the RTI Connext pluggable transports architecture. That is, the core of RTI Connext is transport agnostic; it does not make any assumptions about the actual transports used to send and receive messages. Instead, the RTI Connext core uses an abstract “transport API” to interact with the transport plugins which implement that API.
The builtin transports work out-of-the-box, and are enabled by default. Extension transports are loaded via appropriate Quality of Service configuration.
Learn how to use and configure the various RTI developed transports in your system:
- UDPv4 and UDPv6: controlling interfaces, performance considerations, and operating system specific concerns
- Shared Memory: performance considerations and operating system specific concerns
- TCP: controlling interfaces, using TCP within a LAN or across a WAN, using the transport across a NAT, asymmetric vs symmetric modes, and TLS considerations
- Secure WAN Transport: UDP hole punching across a public WAN, managing certificates for DTLS, and deploying the WAN server
The following criteria must be met before you can schedule this service:
- You must have previous Connext DDS experience and/or training. You must be familiar with the fundamental DDS concepts such as DDS entities, publish/subscribe APIs, Quality of Service configuration, discovery, transports, and configuration files.
This service typically is delivered in 2-4 hours.
Remote or Onsite
This activity can be delivered remote or onsite if bundled with other activities.