The Security Assessment features in-depth discussions concerning the key ways that RTI Connext Secure can protect your information and ensure the quality of your final deliverable, helping you address security challenges for critical distributed system development. This engagement is always tailored to your specific situation. We will assist you in identifying the information assurance mechanisms that are appropriate for your system and assess how these needs can be met, while keeping important critical distributed system requirements like predictability, fault tolerance, scalability and evolution in mind.
Read more about the Security Assessment in this datasheet.
The Security Assessment starts with a kick-off meeting that starts with gathering requirements, followed by a detailed assessment with your core team. Our team then provides a summary of the observations and assessments, customized for your system and objectives. In some cases, customers will start experiencing system improvements before this three-step process is finished.
The Security Assessments focus on a broad range of system security aspects. Example topics include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Locking down your system’s information flows against unauthorized access to ensure information confidentiality and integrity
- Identifying the required interactions between the different stakeholders and the information flows, resulting in rules to enforce access based on a need-to-know basis
- Integrating secure identity and key management technologies into your distributed system
- Improving the development process to align with security needs
- Expanding awareness of security-related events and accelerating response time
- Migrating existing systems to a secured solution
The following criteria must be met before you can schedule this service:
- You must have previous Connext experience and/or training. You must be familiar with the fundamental DDS concepts such as DDS entities, publish/subscribe APIs, Quality of Service configuration, discovery, transports, and configuration files.
- You must be prepared to describe and discuss your use case and key system requirements.
- You must provide access to the appropriate personnel who can provide information requested by our experts
This service typically is delivered in 24 hours.
Remote or Onsite
This activity can be delivered remote or onsite.