Optimize large data handling with Flat Data and Zero Copy
RTI Connext DDS contains advanced features to enable efficient, high-bandwidth data distribution for increased throughput and reduced latency:
- The new RTI FlatData representation and language binding significantly reduces latency and CPU utilization when working with large samples.
- Systems running multiple applications on the same node can use the Zero Copy over Shared Memory to nearly eliminate end-to-end latency and overhead in Connext DDS Professional, Connext DDS Secure and Connext DDS Micro.
Each feature provides an improvement in performance, and can be used standalone, or in combination for even greater performance gains.
An RTI expert will explain how these features reduce the number of copies in the critical path from publisher to subscriber:
- Configuring your data definition (IDL or XML) to use FlatData and/or Zero Copy over Shared Memory
- Using the FlatData language binding to reduce the number of copies over any transport
- Using the Zero Copy over Shared Memory transport to reduce the number of copies to zero for communication within the same host
The following criteria must be met before you can schedule this service:
- You must have previous Connext DDS experience and/or training. You must be familiar with the fundamental DDS concepts such as DDS entities, publish/subscribe APIs, Quality of Service configuration, discovery, transports, and configuration files.
This service typically is delivered in 3 hours.
Remote or Onsite
This activity can be delivered remote or onsite if bundled with other activities.