Design Mentoring & Applying Best Practices
RTI’s experts have hundreds of years of experience building mission critical distributed systems. Tap into this experience by working with a Professional Services engineer who can mentor your team and provide focused guidance on how to use Connext for specific needs. Our experts can review your team’s progress and provide recommendations for what you’re doing right, what you can improve, and identify risk in your system.
Potential activities for this service include:
- Creating a data-centric design and avoiding message-centric thinking
- System architecture best practices, mentoring and review
- Application development best practices, mentoring and review
- Security assessment, mentoring and review
- Utilizing recent Connext features in your system
- Troubleshooting and debugging your system
- Best practices when designing modular and loosely coupled systems
- Using proprietary or 3rd party data representation (e.g. Google Protocol Buffers) in Connext
- RTI Connext TSS best practices, mentoring, and review
- Managing memory efficiently in your applications
- Customizing the RTI Security Plugins to your specific security requirements
- Migrating from other DDS implementations to Connext
- Migrating from other messaging technologies to Connext
- Identifying and avoiding common anti-patterns when using Connext
- Letting Connext do the work: reducing application logic by taking advantage of Connext capabilities
- Debugging best practices and mentoring
- Adding legacy data to your Connext based system
- Addressing fault tolerance and managing failure
- Designing your system to use advanced RTI services: Queuing, Persistence, Recording and more
The following criteria must be met before you can schedule this service:
- You must have previous Connext experience and/or training. You must be familiar with the fundamental DDS concepts such as DDS entities, publish/subscribe APIs, Quality of Service configuration, discovery, transports, and configuration files.
We'll discuss your objectives to determine the effort required for this service.
Remote or Onsite
This activity can be delivered remote or onsite.