Debugging RTI Connext with Wireshark
Wireshark® is one of the most powerful tools for observing and debugging Connext based systems. Wireshark is a network-packet analyzer that supports many network protocols, including Real-Time Publish-Subscribe (RTPS), the wire protocol used by Connext. Network packet and traffic analyzers are used during application development and distributed system configuration to monitor packets sent over the network. You can use filters to capture specific types of packets, then analyze the captured packets.
In this training, you’ll learn how to use Wireshark to view, dissect, and graph RTPS packet for easy analysis. This includes:
- An overview of the pre-defined filters to select different groups of packets from the RTPS protocols
- Coloring rules that highlight important RTPS packets, such as discovery
- Using the standard dissectors to view the content of common RTPS packets, such as discovery
- How to dissect and view your data
- Common debugging scenarios with Wireshark
- How to capture and view packets from machines that cannot run Wireshark directly
The following criteria must be met before you can schedule this service:
- You must have previous Connext experience and/or training. You must be familiar with the fundamental DDS concepts such as DDS entities, publish/subscribe APIs, Quality of Service configuration, discovery, transports, and configuration files.
This service typically is delivered in 2-4 hours.
Remote or Onsite
This activity can be delivered remote or onsite if bundled with other activities.