Are you building the next generation of distributed real-time autonomous systems? Designing connected systems across disparate environments has many challenges: throughput, latency, interoperability, scalability, security, and development. Open standards like DDS have enabled the revolution of intelligent industrial applications, including Robotic Surgery, Transportation, Autonomous Cars, Smart Energy Distribution, Aerospace and Defense, and others. Data Distribution Service (DDS) addresses the edge intelligence and real-time performance needs of complex real-time systems, allowing interoperability and scalability.
This complimentary seminar will review connectivity framework decision criteria and provide detailed information about how the RTI Connext DDS ecosystem increases the productivity of the developers of these industrial automation systems. The presentation will include live demonstrations to illustrate concepts, with audience questions highly encouraged.
The second half of the seminar will be a hands-on session walking users through the creation of a DDS application. This will include developing an application from scratch and showing publish/subscribe of topics dynamically on a Local Area Network.
Who should attend
The intended audience for this seminar is systems engineers and software developers considering DDS for their distributed system application design project.
Date, time and agenda
October 2, 2019 | 9:00 - 15:00
- 9:00 - 9:30 Registration and continental breakfast
- 9:30 - 10:00 Overview of the Industrial Internet of Things (IIoT) connectivity solutions
- 10:00 - 10:30 Introduction to DDS with a publish/subscribe demonstration
- 10:30 - 10:45 Break
- 10:45 - 11:45 Connext DDS implementation details (w/QoS discussion) with a Connext Tools demonstration
- 11:45 - 13:00 Complimentary Lunch w/networking discussion
- 13:00 - 14:00 Getting started, Building your first DDS application
- 14:00 - 15:00 Using Tools and ecosystem solutions with your application
Nova Place/Alloy 26
100 South Commons
Pittsburgh, PA 15212