Are you building the next generation of distributed, real-time systems? Designing connected systems to perform some level of automation is becoming increasingly more viable. The combination of lower-end processors, smaller, low power electronics and advanced networking technologies have enabled a revolution of intelligent industrial applications. This is true in industries including Healthcare, Transportation, Autonomous Cars, Smart Energy Distribution, Aerospace and Defense, and many others. The Data Distribution Service (DDS) specification outlines a software solution that addresses the needs of these types of autonomous systems.
This complimentary seminar will focus on the genesis of the DDS Standard and the technical details of the capabilities it provides to developers who are building distributed systems. Attendees will view demonstrations of the technology to explain the behaviors and benefits of DDS for real-time autonomous systems. The second half of the seminar will be a hands-on session walking users through the creation of their first DDS application. This will include developing an application from scratch and showing publish/subscribe of topics dynamically on a Local Area Network.
Who should attend
The intended audience for this seminar is primarily for software developers looking to get started using DDS for their distributed system application design project.
Date, time and agenda
September 25, 2019 | 9:30 - 15:00
- 9:30 - 10:00 Registration and continental breakfast
- 10:00 - 10:30 Overview of the Industrial Internet of Things (IIoT) connectivity solutions
- 10:30 - 11:00 Introduction to DDS with a publish/subscribe demonstration
- 11:00 - 11:15 Break
- 11:15 - 12:15 Connext DDS implementation details with a Connext Tools demonstration
- 12:15 - 13:15 Complimentary Lunch
- 13:15 - 14:00 Building your first DDS application
- 14:00 - 15:00 Using Tools and ecosystem solutions with your application
Residence Inn Seattle Bellevue/Downtown
605 114th Ave SE
Bellevue, Washington 98004