Portable, scalable and performant DDS interoperability in AUTOSAR Classic
RTI Connext Integration Toolkit for AUTOSAR Classic is a complementary product to Connext® Micro and Connext® Cert. It supports automatic conversion of data type definitions across standard formats (OMG IDL, OMG DDS-XML and AUTOSAR ARXML), as well as the generation of supporting C code for data conversion and marshaling between the RTE and DDS communication frameworks.
- ARXML to DDS IDL conversion of AUTOSAR base, implementation, CompuMethod and union types
- ARXML to DDS XML conversion of AUTOSAR base, implementation, CompuMethod and union types
- Code generation for run-time conversions between DDS and RTE C language type representations
- Code generation for Complex Device Driver Runnables of (possibly optimized for zero-copy) marshaling routines between RTE provided and/or required PortPrototypes
- Code generation of DDS configuration and RTE mapping module template
RTI Connext Integration Toolkit for AUTOSAR Classic enhances the AUTOSAR Classic software architecture and methodology with DDS connectivity.
This is made possible by allowing AUTOSAR ECU designers to define data types, port interfaces and Software Component (SW-C) interfaces using the AUTOSAR ECU design tools of their choice.
Once the design is ready for DDS integration, users only need an ARXML export of relevant SW-C declarations in order for the Toolkit’s AUTOSAR Runtime Classic Code Generator to produce all the necessary artifacts:
- DDS-compatible type declarations (in either DDS-IDL or DDS-XML formats)
- Type conversion routines
- Data marshaling routines matching the SW-C’s runnables
- DDS middleware configuration/mappings module templates
This is an iterative, incremental process that can be repeated and even automated as the ECU design grows, allowing DDS interoperability to grow along with ECU design evolution.
The integration process is simple, scalable and efficient. The AUTOSAR Runtime Classic Code Generator can analyze your type catalog and produce optimized “zero-copy” marshaling routines for most AUTOSAR/DDS type combinations, saving execution time and code size.
Platform Support: Windows and Linux
System requirements: Windows 10 or higher
Product components compatibility: Connext Micro 2.4.14, Connext Cert
Where can I find it?
The Connext Integration Toolkit for AUTOSAR Classic can be found in the Connext Drive 2.0 installation directory.
Connext Integration Toolkit for AUTOSAR Classic documentation can be found in the Connext Drive 2.0 installation directory.
Join the RTI Community.
Post your questions, search through our Knowledge Base, and get the most from your Connext experience by joining the RTI Community!