The New DDS Security Standard
Securing Open Architecture and Critical Real-Time Systems
June 9, 2015
0900 - 1300
Registration begins at 0800. Breakfast will be served.
6800 Governors West Rd NW
Huntsville, AL 35806
The Data Distribution Service (DDS) standard from the Object Management Group (OMG) provides the interoperability and connectivity backbone for over 1,000 critical DoD and commercial systems. To address the increasing need for an interoperable security solution, the OMG recently adopted the DDS Security standard. DDS Security provides a robust network security solution, including support for authentication, access control, privacy and non-repudiation. At the same time, it preserves the DDS standard's inherent real-time performance, scalability, reliability and resilience.
This seminar will provide a comprehensive introduction to the new DDS Security standard. It will address migration of existing DDS systems to DDS Security as well as considerations for new applications.
For those new to DDS, the seminar will begin with a brief introduction to the DDS standard. It will conclude with an update on other recent and forthcoming DDS developments.
Registration begins at 0800. The event starts at 0900.
A brief introduction to DDS
- Support for interoperability, real-time messaging and integration
- Data-centric approach
- Use in Open Architecture Real-world use cases
The New DDS Security standard
- Threat model
- Built-in capabilities and customizability
- Benefits over transport-layer security
- Migration of existing DDS systems
Other new developments in DDS
- Type extensibility
- RPC and request/reply over DDS
- Sneak preview of the upcoming RTI Connext DDS 5.2 release
- DO-178C Level A safety certification