RTI Connext DDS Professional
Fast and Scalable Communications Software
RTI Connext® DDS Professional leverages a powerful data-centric approach to address the challenges of big data in motion, Machine-to-Machine (M2M) communication and System of Systems integration for initiatives such as the Internet of Things.
Connext DDS is the only solution that combines extremely loose coupling with ultra-high performance and scalability, eliminating the need for custom messaging approaches and complex integration logic. It offers extensive Quality of Service controls to accommodate your specific real-time data delivery needs with respect to frequency, timeliness and reliablity.
Features and Benefits
- Interoperable across languages, operating systems, CPU families and network types
- Well-defined component interfaces for rapid integration
- Low latency and high throughput
- Deterministic even under load and at scale
- Reliable multicast for efficient data distribution
- Peer-to-peer architecture with no message brokers and servers
- Non-stop availability with live upgrades and no single point of failure
- Multiple enterprise integration patterns for differing developmental approaches
- Pluggable transport framework with default support for UDPv4, UDPv6, TCP, Shared Memory and Secure WAN (TLS/DTLS)
- Fully compliant with the OMG DDS standard, including API and RTPS protocol
Included Tools and Capabilities
- Security – Comprehensive real-time data security
- Routing Service and Adapter SDK – Scale and integrate DDS systems across multiple platforms, systems and networks
- Database Integration – Interoperate with popular relational databases
- Recording and Replay – Recording, analysis and replay of real-time high-throughput data, events and messages
- Persistence Service for late joiners
- Tools – Rich tools suite for development, debugging and testing
- Administration Console – Monitor, configure and debug distributed systems
- Monitor – GUI for Connext DDS systems
- Spreadsheet Add-in for Microsoft Excel – Integration of Connext DDS with Microsoft Excel
- Prototyper – Build applications more quickly with scripting and simulated data, such as for performance testing
- Distributed Logger – Data collection and storage for Connext DDS systems
- Wireshark – Customizable network protocol analysis
Several options are available, based on the complexity and needs of your projects:
- The Limited-Bandwidth Plug-in Bundle addresses the challenges of networks with low or limited bandwidth, intermittent connections or related issues. Applications include advanced combat net radio systems, asset tracking systems, air traffic management systems, unmanned vehicles and WAN-based applications, such as those using satellite communications.
- The RTSJ Extension Kit gives real-time Java programmers an end-to-end solution when they need a scalable, high-performance messaging solution. It allows them to take advantage of Java Virtual Machines (JVM) that implement the Real-Time Specification for Java (RTSJ) and use a lower level language to develop real-time applications.
- RTI provides software and services to facilitate the simultaneous use of Connext DDS and CORBA. Connext DDS can use data types generated by the TAO IDL compiler to enable seamless data sharing between portions of an application that use the Connext DDS API and others that use the CORBA API.
- Read the Integrated CORBA and DDS datasheet