Looking for a fast and effective way to apply Connext DDS to your application? RTI is now offering a public 3-day QuickStart training course at the Courtyard Columbia, in Columbia, MD. With a focus on helping to make your projects with Connext DDS successful, this 3-day training is offered at a reduced cost of $2,990 per student.
The QuickStart training includes informative lectures, hands-on exercises to reinforce concepts, design guidance and best practices to obtain the most value from Connext DDS.
The public 3-day QuickStart will cover:
- An overview of Connext DDS 6.0, with a discussion on semantics, and terminology associated with the databus and anonymous publish/subscribe communication.
- How to define a data model and use Quality of Service (QoS) policies to specify the behavior for a system.
- Detailed descriptions and demonstrations of Connext DDS capabilities, features, and tools.
This course is recommended for experienced software developers who are evaluating Connext DDS or who are ready to apply Connext DDS to their application.
Register today, space is limited
Dates and Time
September 24-26, 2019 | 9 AM - 5 PM
8910 Stanford Boulevard
Columbia, MD 21045-5805
Cost per student is $2,990, you may pay via credit card or contact email@example.com regarding a quote or PO.
Platforms Supported Within the QuickStart Training
- Languages: C++11 and Java APIs
- Host/Target OS:
- RHEL/CentOS 6.x - x64, gcc 4.4.5, Java Platform, Standard Edition JDK 1.8
- Microsoft Windows 10 - x64, VS2017 with Visual C++ Redistributable for Visual Studio 2017 installed, JDK 1.8
- MacOS - x64, clang 7 or greater, JDK 1.8
- Be able to program in C/C++/Java.
- Download and install an evaluation copy of Connext DDS software prior to the event, and build and run the “hello world” example in your language of choice.
- Day 1
- RTI Overview
- Connext DDS 6.0 introduction
- What is Connext DDS 6.0?
- High-level summary of Pub/Sub and Connext DDS 6.0
- Define semantics and objects
- Design patterns and introduction to Quality of Service (QoS)
- Connext DDS and OMG DDS
- Concept and Connext Tools demonstration
- Hands-On with the Connext DDS framework
- IDL and rtiddsgen
- Hello World example
- Quality of Service (QoS) Policies and Configuration
- Hands-on examples demonstrating QoS
- Using XML to manage and define QoS configuration
- Day 2
- Day 1 review: Connext DDS QoS basics and review
- Capabilities – Part 1
- Dynamic Discovery
- Reliable Communication
- Capabilities – Part 2
- Notifications: Listeners, Conditions and Wait Sets
- Content Filtered Topics (CFT)
- Asynchronous publisher
- Batching and Performance
- Other topics and local design issues
- Transports and Multicast
- Threading Model, Extended QoS
- Debugging and Statistics Collection
- Day 3
- Day 2 review: Connext DDS 6.0 capabilities review
- Connext DDS command line tools (Hands-on)
- Connext DDS graphical tools (Hands-on)
- RTI Launcher
- RTI Admin Console
- RTI Monitor
- RTI Protocol Analyzer (Wireshark)
- RTI Excel Add-in
- Connext DDS Professional Product Suite:
- RTI Routing Service
- RTI Recording and Playback Service
- RTI Persistence Service
- RTI Database Integration Service
- RTI Web Integration Service
- RTI Connector
- RTI Prototyper