MBSE Technical Forum
Realizing FACE and COE Objectives through Model Based Systems Engineering (MBSE)
On June 20, 2013, the first annual MBSE Technical Forum took place in Huntsville, Alabama.
This knowledge sharing event covered both MBSE and model based development (MBD) for software.
The ultimate goal was to reduce overall program risk for complex systems and software development
programs while confronting shrinking budgets, smaller development teams, ever-increasing
requirements and shorter development cycles. Forum hosts included Brockwell Technologies, Inc. (BTI), Real-Time Innovations (RTI), Wind River and IBM Rational.
During this event, participants discussed:
- How to use MBSE to meet the objectives of the Future Airborne Capability Environment (FACE™) Technical Standard and the Common Operating Environment (COE) Architecture
- Safety critical product offerings from Wind River and Real-Time Innovations (RTI)
- An overview of the IBM Rational MBSE tool suite
- How to bring these products, tools, and methodologies together to meet FACE and COE objectives
- A BTI demonstration of IBM Rational Rhapsody automatically generating an RTI Connext DDS application
Presentation Slides from the 2013 MBSE Technical Forum
- Welcome – Tim Brockwell, President, Brockwell Technologies, Inc.
- FACE Architecture Executive Summary – Dr. Bill Antypas, Chief Consulting Engineer, RTI
- RTI Support for FACE TSS – Dr. Bill Antypas
- Simics - Break the Rules of Product Development – Tom Wall, Simics Technical Account Manage, Wind River
- Model Based Systems and Software Engineering an overview of the IBM Rational solution – Edmund Mayer, Systems Solution Architect, IBM
- Creating DDS Applications Using IBM Rational Rhapsody – Harold Pirtle, Sr. Software Engineer, Brockwell Technologies, Inc.
- FACE Integration Using Wind River Technology – Larry Kinnan, Principal Technologist for Avionics and Safety Critical Systems, Wind River
- MBSE, RTI, & FACE – Stan Schneider, CEO, RTI
- Wind River Overview – Brian Lien, Director of Field Engineering, Wind River
Receive an Alert for the Next Event
Complete this form to receive an alert when details for the next MBSE Technical Forum become available.
* Required information
If you require further assistance, please email email@example.com or call Debbie Dasker at +1 (408) 990-7446.