Software Engineer – Industrial Internet of Things, Sunnyvale, CA
RTI is all about enabling intelligent machines. We provide the quality product, excellent service, open philosophy, and impeccable business needed by the most critical applications in the Internet of Things (IoT). RTI is the undisputed leader in real-time IoT. Our fast, flexible middleware is the core nervous system for intelligent machines.
Our mission is to enable the transformation of entire industries. We already changed the defense industry. We are actively engaged in revolutionizing how hospitals deliver care, how medical imaging systems collect data, how smart cars drive themselves, how unmanned planes fly themselves, how huge companies test their products, how we generate and use energy, and how we can reinvent air traffic control to handle increased traffic and drones. The total value of system designs that trust RTI for their fundamental architecture exceeds $1 trillion. We are well positioned to make a huge difference to the world.
And we are not a huge behemoth. We are large enough to impact the world, yet small enough that you can impact us. At RTI, you will be well supported, well paid, proud of your product and company, and on a mission with the greatest team you've ever known. At RTI, you can go help the leaders of the most important next wave of technology succeed in changing the world.
As a software engineer in our core team, you will be part of a team of experts building a secure real-time middleware platform with extreme performance and scalability. The RTI Connext software enables 100s and 1000s of applications and devices to exchange data in a timely and reliable way. Our software features direct peer-to-peer connections, reliable multicast, automated application discovery, and unique, contractual quality-of-service control. Our team values creativity, risk-taking, innovation, and open communication.
- Design, develop, test and document core infrastructure software, part of the RTI Connext Data Distribution Services (DDS) products.
- Design new features and participate in architecture reviews for the overall product
- Develop new features using C/C++, Java or C#
- Test and maintain middleware on a variety of operating systems and real-time embedded platforms, and for interoperability with other DDS-based products
- Write API and feature documentation
- Evaluate and analyze performance
- Degree in Computer Science or related field (Advanced degree preferred)
- Deep understanding of distributed systems, peer-to-peer networks, and computer networking
- Excellent C/C++ skills. Java, C#, and scripting languages are a plus
- Experienced programmer (through internships, university projects, open source projects, etc.)
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
Please send your resume and a brief statement of interest to DS039jobs@rti.com.
We offer an attractive compensation package consisting of competitive salary, company performance-based bonus plan, medical, dental, vision, life, flexible spending accounts, 401(k) matching and LPP grants.
We seek people who share the company's values of education, extraordinary commitment to employees, technology, customers and the pursuit of excellence.
RTI is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color national origin, sex, age status as a protected veteran, or status as a qualified individual with disability.